How to reset your car’s Bluetooth
Technology is a wonderful thing, but there is nothing quite as frustrating as when it stops working. Whether it’s something as simple as a delay in a webpage load time or a dead battery, malfunctioning electronics can annoy even the most patient person. This is especially the case inside the vehicle. While you’re on the road the last thing you want to happen is to have an issue with your car’s Bluetooth. Unfortunately, nothing is perfect and sometimes technology needs a reboot. Your vehicle’s Bluetooth is no different. If your Bluetooth is dropping calls or you’re having trouble connecting your smartphone then it might be time to reset it.
The best way to do this is to disable the Bluetooth on your vehicle and your smartphone. Then remove your smartphone, and any history of any devices that have been connected, from your car’s infotainment system. Then turnMan on his phone in a car off the vehicle and restart your smartphone. Once both are started again, enable Bluetooth on both and try connecting again.
Read More: How to set up Bluetooth in your car
Ways to solve car Bluetooth issues
How did it go? Are you still running into some connection issues? Here are some things to check:
- Is the AUX or USB cable working correctly? Check for tears and double-check that it’s functioning correctly by trying it out in another vehicle.
- Remove all pens, coins and misc. objects away from the infotainment display (any items in the trays or cup holders.) Sometimes these things can block the Bluetooth’s radio waves.
- Make sure your smartphone is fully charged. A phone with a low battery will have trouble maintaining a Bluetooth connection.
- How many devices in the vehicle have Bluetooth enabled? Try having Bluetooth enabled only on the device you are trying to connect to your vehicle. Otherwise, the system might be trying to connect to the wrong device.
- Is your smartphone compatible with your car’s infotainment system? Double-check by visiting your OEM’s website.
If all else fails, be sure to give us a call here at Go Hansel! We can answer any questions you might have and will help you solve any automotive technology issues you might be having.